Thursday, January 9, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Hello! And Merry Christmas!
 
Sorry, everything I do as a missionary to all of you is segmented into Mondays. So, Merry Christmas!
 
This week was pretty good. It was Christmas. Not gonna lie, I definitely missed real Christmas food, though. Here's an idea. Let's have a Christmas/Thanksgiving meal when I come back. I guess Easter will be pretty soon thereafter. I'll make it. Haha.
 
I spent my Thanksgiving in the city limits of Seoul in a part called Sindang. We had a Christmas conference and it was great. It consisted of a meeting in the morning and then a talent show in the afternoon. I sang O Holy Night with a sister from my district for the morning meeting. Then the talent show was lots of fun. We have a sister from Cambodia who sang in Cambodian. Beatboxing people. Parkour.. Par-kor? core? I don't know how to spell it. But basically jumping around and doing crazy stuff. Haha. Also, the German sister got up and was telling everyone about the traditions of German Christmas and made me translate for her. That was interesting. Ha.
 
What else? Oh. Some guy came up to us on the street while we were talking to other people and kept saying, "Don't believe them! I said Don't believe them!!" But I think he was slightly crazy. He was handing out chicken advertisements. Next time I see him, I am going to tell people not to buy his chicken!
 
It is so darn cold here. It wasn't at the beginning of the week, but it came back. So cold! My ears may fall off. Will you love me without ears? Nah. I'll probably just get some earmuffy-things. That will prevent me from being unloved when I go home because of my lack of ears.
 
Today we are helping someone move, so that is why I am emailing so early. He is the guy we got to start coming back to church and we found on the street.
 
I spoke in sacrament meeting this last sunday. I guess I will include some of the thoughts. I have a favorite quote that I'm using a lot. It is from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It says that the windows of heaven open and we start to enjoy the blessings of heaven the second we start to move in the direction of our Heavenly Father.
 
I like it for a lot of reasons. First off. We are always changing. We as humans feel good some days and bad others. Sometimes we make better decisions than others. It doesn't matter where we are or what decisions we have made, honestly, though. He simply asks us to move in His direction. To start. We don't have to be perfect, we simply have to slowly step in His direction. We will make mistakes. We will fail. But simply by putting our sights on Him and taking steps in the right direction, we can experience the blessings of heaven. It doesn't matter where we are. There isn't a place too far to start going in the right direction. That really is all we can do in this life. We can't be perfect, we can't make right decisions all the time. But we can choose to start. That is all that really matters to our Heavenly Father. A constant striving to move in the direction He would have us move despite our weaknesses.
 
I love all of you!
 
Keep me in your prayers!
 
Love,
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment