Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hiccups.

Hello!
 
Merry Christmas. It is pretty cold here and there is snow on the ground. Sometimes I slip, but don't worry. I am fine. I still have random times when I play in the snow like a child because it is new to me.
 
This week I had a fun experience with hiccuping. I don't know how to spell that. Well apparently I get the hiccups if I eat something really spicy. There is this ramen that is known for being like the spiciest thing. And I ate it. I have eaten it before, but I guess I made it a little spicier this time. Well. I was just sitting there with my mouth open and I randomly hiccuped. I made the loudest weirdest unintentional noise/scream. You should try it sometime when you have hiccups. Just sit there with your mouth open and wait. You will definitely entertain yourself.
 
So I have these pants that I got altered here. And there was a small hole in one part, but you couldn't really see it. I just fixed it by hand or whatever. Well I wore those pants the other day at our ward Christmas party. I noticed that the hole I had previously mended had been opened again. But it is fine. It doesn't really matter. You can't see it. I just have to be a little careful, right? Well, a little 5 year old girl in our branch opened a present and threw the wrapping paper on the floor. I bent over to pick it up and my pants completely burst, like all the way. Completely. Undies to the Universe. Hahaha. Well luckily no one was behind me and I just stood in a corner. But I had to play the closing hymn on the piano! I just slid over to the piano and played it with booty to the piano bench. I just motioned to the elders to get the Santa pants. I wore the Santa pants over my own for the rest of the evening. But I definitely had a breeze for the rest of the evening. Luckily a member gave us a ride home. Haha. Don't worry. I'm sure I can get them fixed.
 
This week I have been learning of charity and I actually had a pretty good experience with it. I had just been studying charity and how to feel it and why it is important. Just a normal Christ-like attribute study. Well there has been a push here in the ward for member referrals. There was actually a member of the mission presidency here, and he and his wife spoke to the whole ward. Well, he asked all of the missionaries to bear their testimonies. I bore mine on charity and it is really the place we have to start with doing missionary work. But it is true. If we have the true love of Christ, we will naturally want to share this gospel. But anyways, there wasn't much time left, and I went last. But the woman that gave the closing prayer used a lot of phrases from my testimony. Not only because my Korean was natural enough for a Korean to say it, but mostly and really because I felt like maybe I was able to make a difference. In some way.
 
But member referrals really are the way. The Lord doesn't want His missionaries to just wander around and search. He wants us to teach our acquaintances and family. We are simply inviting them to learn and give it a chance. It isn't a forcing. It isn't weird. It is simply an invite. And the members have so much power. Truly, the missionaries give so much time, but if it is to be the way the Lord wants it, the members help in the finding process. So, people. When was the last time you referred to the missionaries? You will make a difference in more lives than you know. It doesn't have to be hard. It isn't weird. It is a simple invitation.
 
Anyways, I have to go. I love you all.
 
Talk to some of you this week!
 
<3
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment