Monday, June 2, 2014

Ola (1 June 2014)

Hello!!!
 
I am still in Korea. Today is now 15 months as a missionary. It is really weird to write that. The time is going by really fast. And I still basically feel like I have no idea what I am doing! Yay! That means I have 9 months left. Just like a baby. I am due in 9 months. I hear the first trimester is the hardest. Ha
 
Anyways. We had a wonderful week. We had a combined mission conference with the Seoul South Mission. Elder Quentin L. Cook came and spoke to us. It was pretty cool. The second he walked in the room, I felt the spirit confirming that he was a man that held the authority of God. That he is a special witness of Jesus Christ. I often think of the significance of the restoration. The significance that God is not some being that revealed Himself to mankind ages ago and left us alone to figure Him out, but that He speaks and He leads and He guides today as He did in any other time. The heavens are not closed. They are open to all of us. To say anything else is to deny the unchanging character of God. He was never done revealing His word. And never will be either. Because He loves us and He speaks.
 
But as he spoke to us, I couldn't help but just feel the power of truth. That is really all our message is about. Truth and the recognition thereof. We all can know truth through the grace of God and have a firmness of knowledge based upon faith. That is really the power of our message to me. No other place offers that sort of knowledge. Textbooks and charts and graphs offer us knowledge, but there is something different of knowledge that comes directly from God. It is more trustable.
 
So I had someone tell me that I don't pray, believe in God or Jesus Christ this week. He was a Pastor from another church. So I told him how much I believed in Jesus Christ. So he yelled at me and told me I was lying. He kept making an "X" with his 2 index fingers and saying I was a cult. It was great! He ran away and I couldn't say much.
 
Quentin L. Cook's wife is a hoot! I loved her. Hahaha. They should have all of the Quorum of the Twelve's wives get together and do something fun.
 
I love you all!!!!!! Keep me in you prayers!
 
Love
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment