Sunday, April 21, 2013

16 April 2013


Hello!
 
I got a lot of Nutella this week! Hahaha. 3 jars!! Its crazy. I've been sharing. 
 
Korean is hard! Ahhh! Tomorrow, new Elders and Sisters come! And then Monday, Korean Elders and Sisters come! So exciting! Then Pauline comes! And then I leave! 33 new missionaries are coming tomorrow, who are speaking Korean. Then 22 natives come on Monday. I'm pretty sure Korea sends out the most missionaries of any Asian country. Maybe even out of the European countries too.
 
I have been speaking a lot of Korean and forcing myself to use it more often. Oh, how it hurts my brain. But I have noticed that I can say about 70% of what I want to say in some way. I have been studying really hard. We had a really fun experience at what is called TRC this last Saturday. TRC is where we teach members of the church a lesson, who have come to the MTC. We taught 2 sisters, one who served in Seoul and one who is from Korea. The Korean asked me how long I had been learning Korean, and when I said 6 weeks, she didn't believe me. She gave me lots of compliments. I guess we are doing well. :)
 
We have 6 international Elders and Sisters coming in tonight/today who are going on Korean speaking missions. 2 from Australia  2 from New Zealand, 1 from the UK, and the German sister I spoke to before my mission. I'm excited to meet them all. Mostly the German though. :P
 
I have learned a lot this week about the merciful character of God. I was reading 2 Nephi 2 for the five thousandth time and it really touched my soul. I felt the Lord's comfort in a profound, yet simple way. That chapter is just a beautiful explanation as to why we have difficulty in our lives. God is not some mean being who is afflicting His children with trials, but rather He is a loving Heavenly Father who only wants the best for us. He withholds His hand because our trials refine us. If they did not, His merciful character would intervene. Trials come naturally from our agency. He must withhold His hand to protect our agency, and therefore allow us to gain eternal life in the world to come. Agency is the brickwork of heaven.
 
 I am enjoying my stay here immensely! I really have learned a lot and continue to be edified every day.
 
I hope you all are doing well. I have been receiving lots of letters. I am trying my best to respond quickly, but I don't have much time. So, be patient with me! I love you all. And miss you dearly!
 
Keep my in you prayers. You are in mine.
 
Love, 
Elder Renfroe

No comments:

Post a Comment