Sunday, April 21, 2013

9 April 2013


Helllllllo!!!!!!

Thank you for all of your letters!
 
This week has been great! General conference and missionary stuff! Wooooo! I really did get the best time to stay at the MTC by having Easter and General Conference all in one stay. I'm blessed! 
 
It snowed again last night, but only a little. Utah is a weird place.
 
My Korean is coming along. I'm really starting to pick it up and there have been some days (more like hours) where I have forced myself to only speak Korean. I'm going to be more diligent about it this week. I can't wait to get into the field! 27 days till I leave! Wooooooooo! Next week, the new American Elders and Sisters going to Korean-speaking missions will get here. Then, the week after that, Pauline gets here! And the Korean Elders and Sisters (actually from Korea). It will be so exciting and I can't wait. So many exciting developments! Haha. I'm going to start carrying around a dictionary so I can look up a work immediately when I need it.
 
The chips you sent have been a wonderful blessing! I have been really bored by the food here. So, I haven't been eating a whole lot, but I do eat.... Don't worry. But, if it weren't for the chips, I'd probably be a skeleton. Not really. But kinda... Hahaha.
 
Conference was wonderful!
 
What stood out to me the most was the fact that these men (The prophet and his apostles) are special witnesses of Jesus Christ! What does that mean? What do you think it means? These men know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ is risen. That He is the savior of the world. He is the Son of God! This church is His church and no other. This church contains the fullness of the Gospel. Christ stands revealed. He is not hidden. You can find him through prayer. Everyone. Individually. He forgives sins in this life.
 
Also, something that I love is the fact that through keeping our covenants, we can call down the powers of heaven. As we obey, God is bound to bless. How amazing it would be to have the confidence in the gospel, in your obedience, and in your relationship to God, to know that you are a covenant keeper. There is so much power in this. But this confidence only comes from keeping all of His commandments and listening to His spirit.
 
I don't have a lot of time! I have to get to dinner!
 
But I love you all! Keep me in your prayers. You are in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment