Monday, February 10, 2014

Hola.

We had transfer calls this last week. I am going to Panama City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Woooooo! I'll be more fluent at Spanish in 3 months than I currently am at Korean! Hahaha
 
Just kidding. I am staying in Donghae once again. This will probably be my last transfer here for sure. For sure! Haha. But I think we will baptize some people this transfer!!!! Woooo. We shall see what happens. 알겠죠?
 
This week was a good one. We cleaned our whole apartment because it is the Lunar New Year here. Big Korean holiday! Soo, we had a P-day on it. I love cleaning. Not...
 
I also ate a lot of food. The members invited us over for 2 huge meals. One on Friday and one on Saturday. I nearly died from the deliciousness thereof. 2nd Renfroe 15:46
 
Anyways. This week I met a really adorable person. Apparently I have a really good eye for finding sensitive souls. There was a girl working at a convenient store who just seemed special, and I can't really talk to her because I am a foreign male missionary, but I told the Sisters to go talk to her. She is an investigator now! Wooo! And I met a guy on the bus who I instantly loved. He has a leg handicap. He said he could meet this week. And I called and set up the whole appointment and stuff. It's gonna happen! Haha. 
 
Things are going well. I am trying to speak Korean all the time. It is really hard because my companion doesn't understand anything! Wooo! But I am trying. It is better than both of us.
 
A few weeks ago, we had a conference and a training on the parable of the talents. I thought of something I had thought of before during the training. It talks about doubling your talents and being magnified by the Lord. But what I thought about this last time is how with all of the growth the servants experienced, the doubling of their talents was based on the principle of Trading. It got me thinking. What am I willing to trade. We were speaking in terms of Korean. Like what am I willing to trade to grow. It is usually comfort. Am I willing to trade comforts, to take risks, in order to grow. In order to become who the Lord would have me be. Do I have that sort of Faith?
 
Anyways! I love you all! Keep me in your prayers!
 
사랑으로 렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment