Sunday, November 3, 2013

여보세요?

Hello! 

I haven't said the word Hello all week! Just kidding. I say it all the time. All the time. Koreans Love it.

Guess who has a baptismal date? This guy! Haha. He still has a long way to go. He has a job that makes him work all the time and can't really come to church yet, so we have to work around that. But he will get baptized sometime. At some point. Hopefully while I am here! His current date is November 30, but we may have to change that. 

This week we threw a Halloween party. Because we are cool. It was quite a hit, we had a lot of less-actives come and even some nonmembers. A lot of them, actually. They loved all of our games. 

We went to Seoul this week. So that ate 2 days of the week. But yeah. It was fun. And I ate Taco Soup. Look. I eat everything now. I'm not a picky eater. Haha. There may be some faint remnants of the disease, but I think it is gone. 

Oh. I have been called fat like 8 times. I don't understand. I haven't gained any weight. Koreans just literally think everyone is fat I guess. Haha. Anyways... It is pretty sad. If you ask Koreans what they think the weirdest thing is, if they have gone to America, they always say Big people.... 

This week, I went on exchanges with one of our zone leaders. It was really good and I really was thinking about somethings...
The Lord wants all of us. ALL! Every single ounce. Every desire and thought and characteristic and action. He even wants the righteous desires we have. It is not good enough to do things for ourselves. Really for any reason besides the will of the Lord. That is the type of person he is trying to help us become. One who relies on Him and does as He would do. It really is our only hope. 

I guess what I am saying is that sometimes, we may have the same desires as the Lord, but it still isn't acceptable because the Lord wants us to do it for purer motives. He wants us all! 

There is a talk about having the faith to not be healed. And I really like it. Do we have faith to not see results. That is so much harder than having faith to see them. It really is an interesting concept! Think about it and apply it. Also. The power that comes from weakness. That is a good study topic too.

I love all of you. And this email isn't very exciting. I'll try better next week! Haha. I'm really hungry, so I need to eat a bibimbap. Haha. My birthday is this Sunday. Treat yo' self, right?

That may be an omen for the bank account, momma. :)

사라으로

렌프로 장로 
Elder Renfroe

No comments:

Post a Comment