Saturday, October 12, 2013

6 October 2013

Hi. 

안녕하세요!

So I just started training and I got my new missionary. It is the best! Haha. He is great and wants to work. So that is really all I can ask for. We are going to get some work done out here. And we already have been. His name is Elder McFarland from Pleasant Grove, Utah. He is 19 and fresh out of High School. He speaks Sign Language, so maybe I will learn some. Who knows!?

We also got 2 sister missionaries out here. One is American and has been in Korea one transfer longer than me (6 weeks) and the other is Korean! It is great to have Koreans around. Your Korean always gets better. Haha. 

I feel really happy now as a missionary. I feel like the work can really happen now. Or that I can really give all of myself. Really because I have to do most of everything. Haha. Anyways. I would say that my Korean is pretty good now. I can function in this society pretty well now. And I can have real conversations with people. It is great!

We actually have a few lessons set up for this next week and a few more that could be set up. That may not sound like a big deal to some people. But it is pretty big deal for out here in Korea. Woo! 

Anyways. I like missionary work now. Haha. I love it actually! This next week will be my first full week with the new missionary and I am excited to see how it goes. 

I just have been thinking a lot about the beauty of the Gospel. Of truth lately. Specifically of who we are. It is such a wonderful thing. If we understand who we are it will change us through and through. And as we remember it. It really isn't about knowing it all the time, but actively knowing it, or remembering it. Anyways. We are children of our Heavenly Father. We literally are little kids. Infants. Nothing more than a toddler, if even that, when compared to who He is. One of the missionaries said some really nice words here. I don't really remember if I told all of you already. But. When we look at other people, it seems impossible to be like them. When we compare ourselves to other men. But when we compare ourselves to Jesus Christ, the path is made, the invitation is open. When we compare ourselves to Him, there is hope. There is power. We may stumble and we may fall. Just as a toddler. But he doesn't scorn. He only wishes for us to continue. He loves every step we take in His direction. It is wonderful. It is beautiful. It is hard to explain. But it is true. 

I don't have lots of time! I have to write my mission president now! I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and packages and love. 

Love, 
Elder Renfroe
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment