Friday, October 18, 2013

13 October 2013

Hi!

How is life? Life is good here. The weather is great. And suit season has started. Sorry if I spend all of your money, Mom. Haha.

I don't know what to write. Haha. Hi!!!!!! 

This week was good. Did any weird Korean stuff happen? I don't know. Maybe. But I think I am just used to it by now. But it is funny to watch my new companion think stuff is weird because he just got here. I think it is safe to say that I am no longer a picky eater. Aren't you glad I got over that? Haha. 

This week we got to teach an old man a few lessons. But he talked to his preacher in between our lessons and is convinced the Book of Mormon is the Apocrypha and so he doesn't need it. Yes, I now know the word for Apocrypha in Korean. I am gonna know some weird stuff. It is actually pretty simple if you break it down into its Chinese characters. Anyways. Yeah. But is was nice to teach him I guess? We were able to bear a lot of powerful testimony and stuff. And we may go visit him again. 

We also have been meeting a lot of college students. It is nice because they will listen to us and a lot of them meet again. So, Hooray! Haha. 

Conference! I got to watch it this week! It was great! I learned a lot. A lot about missionary work and other things. I really enjoyed these talks specifically: Jefferey R. Holland, Richard G Scott, David R. McConkie, Timothy J. Dyches, and of course Gifford Neilsen, and M. Russel Ballard. 

Go read them and tell me how you like them! I'll tell you why I liked them next week! Haha. Expect maybe I will say a little now. 

M favorite idea from conference: Christ helps the Impenitent. Those that are helpless. Sometimes it is easy to feel beyond the help of our Savior, but that feeling means we are exactly the person Christ wishes to help. Satan would have us feel that somehow we are beyond the Savior's help, or that we are broken. But this is contrary to how Christ works. He works with broken things. We are in His hands. He fixes that which needs fixing. And has the training to fix even the most broken. The skills. In those potter's hands, He turns our dust into art. Into His glory. 

Anyways. I have to go! I love you all! Keep praying for me! I am praying for you!

Love, Elder Renfroe
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment