Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 15

Hello, Team. 

It has been a long week. But a good one. The end of the week felt quite long, but we had some good finds and good times at the beginning of the week. 

I talked to this one guy on the bus going to a bigger city over here for a missionary meeting. We talked for over an hour since we were on this bus. It honestly was the highlight of my week. He was very kind. And we are the same age in Korean age, so we are instantly friends. Haha. He's in Gundae, or the Korean required military service, and has 3 months left. So, we can't exactly meet... But I have all of his contact info. So maybe later. But it was so great. You don't get opportunities to talk to people that much in that way. Also, he doesn't speak hardly any English, so it was ALL Korean. Haha. I got to flex my Korean muscles. 

Also, we met 3 random people and they said to come back anytime. So, we haven't started anything yet with them, but we have some open doors to teach! Yay! Actually.... 4 people. Haha. We have lots of people who seem like we could pick them up as investigators... So, we'll see what happens. 

I am moving to a new apartment this week. Thank heavens! We are currently living in the oldest apartment in the mission. It is pretty sick... My companion found some leeches! Yay! But don't worry. I have stayed clear of them.

Crazy lady came to English again. And 3 hours early again. And she hugged me again. And she had maroon lipstick again. Ha. We had to run away and stay away till English class starts. She is so creepy! 

I saw a Korean circus. Some lady did a balance move in point shoes on some guy's head and he spun around slowly. This was a member dinner with the District President out here... Haha. What happens in Korea stays in Korea? There was Pizza Hut involved. So, that counts as a meal, right?

What else? It has been a good week. I pray a lot. A lot. In my heart and otherwise. Sometimes I feel so tired or I feel like I can't do this. But as I try to lean on Heavenly Father, it is in those moments that He teaches me. I learn. I really am grateful for prayer. For the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. That really is the reason I am here. I want others to know about it and to access it because it brings a peace and security found nowhere else. 

I saw a Korean lady almost get hit by a bus. There was a lot of screaming involved. But she is fine! Don't worry. And right after that, I heard Someone Like You by Adele on the street. Haha. So, I enjoyed that.

Did I tell you about all the peppers that are laying all over the streets here? Kimchi making Holiday is coming up soon. Haha. The streets are littered in sun-drying peppers. 

I am going to try to get a package ready to send home. It might take awhile, so don't get too excited yet. And Dad, I had to throw out the seeds because they molded... Everything molds here in the summer. My companion's pants and shirts molded one time. But I will try to find some at a plant shop. Haha. I am trying my best! I feel like you all need some Korean love in Texas. So, I'll try to get it all together soon. 

I love you all! Keep me in your prayers! Also, keep Koreans' eyebrows in your prayers. Many people here have none. So they draw them on. I am sure they would appreciate the support here in the land of the waning eyebrows. :P

Love,
Elder Renfroe
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment