Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 18!

Hellllo, World!

So, this last week was the church's birthday in the town I am serving in. It is 29 years old. Haha. So, lots of people came, including my mission president and his wife, and spoke and we all ate a really huge delicious meal together. 

But it looks like we are moving again. AGAIN! Why???? I hate moving! Anyways. It will be fine, I guess. But, our mission president went and looked at the house that is supposed to be for the sister missionaries coming to this area. And he decided it isn't safe for sisters because it is on the first floor and stuff. So, the sisters get our beautiful and large apartment and we get the poo poo one. Ok... It isn't poo poo, but it definitely isn't as good. 

I think I have some stories from this week. let me think...

I ate fish intestines. They look like little brains. They actually have a pretty good taste. Ha. I'd eat them again.  It is called Hwaemuljjim. The dish, that is. It is basically bean sprouts. Lots of bean sprouts and weird seafood all in a spicy sauce. Lots of weird seafood. I ate some pretty big octopus tentacles in it. I don't think twice about octopus anymore. It is everywhere! Haha.

Then, I went to a meat buffet with a Korean man. It was the best thing ever. Have I told you about the meat buffets in Korea? Basically. It is all you can eat raw meat and you cook it yourself at your table. It is so good! So good! I go in a coma after it. Anywho. The guy put out some interesting things for us to eat. Little mini octopus. Pig skin. My companion ate the pig skin and said it tasted like a pig farm. So I didn't eat it. But best! I ate something that literally translates in English to... Chicken Poop House. I guess it is a gizzard or something. I don't know. But I was forced to eat it. It wasn't that bad. But I don't want another one.

Did I tell you about the dried squid jerky I ate? People don't eat beefy jerky here. They eat squid jerky! It is the fishiest thing in the world. But they love it. I don't...

Anyways. Sorry about the graphic details.

This week I read a wonderful conference talk. It is from the last conference and is called "Beautiful Mornings." What I like the most about it and something that I realized is... So much of how we feel and how we look at our days and life is simply a choice whether or not to have faith. If we choose to have faith, everyday is a beautiful day. Faith is the sunrise. 

So, this last Saturday... Remember Paul, the Pakistani man I taught in my last area? He got baptized! And he wants to convert Pakistan now. Hahaha. He is great! He speaks Korean, so I think he should do pretty well in the ward. I didn't get to go to the baptism because is it 6 hours away, but it is still fun to have been part of the process. Now I just got to get some Koreans! Haha.

But I love you all! Keep me in your prayers. I have 2 weeks left of this transfer. And I am ready for some new faces, if you know what I mean. Haha. 

Talk to you next week! <33333
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment