Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 5!

Woooo! So this week was good.
 
Our one investigator came to church. We aren't sure if he actually has faith or is just doing this for his girlfriend... BUT we are meeting with him next Sunday and will bear such powerful testimony it will all be fine. Ha! But he says he wants to get baptized. We'll see what happens!
 
Anyways. This week we had some training with the mission president for all of the new missionaries and their trainers. It was really great. This month, our emphasis as a mission is finding. Talking to people on the streets. Talking to everyone. It fired me up and made me less scared of speaking to these people in Korean. That day, I got more contacts than my trainer! :P Haha. I had a lot of really good conversations with Koreans even though I speak limited Korean. My Korean is improving everyday. Most of the time, I am surprised by what I can say. It is great. I understand more than I can say now, which is a better problem to have than being able to understand nothing. That is how it was when I first got here.
 
So, we actually do seem to get some good missionary work done here and get a good amount of referrals and investigators. The only problem is the referrals live else where. Haha. This week, one of our investigators that hasn't met in a while said his son wanted to meet with us, but he lives like two hours away. So other missionaries get him. Maybe they'll baptize his son and we'll baptize the dad! Haha.
 
Last night we went to a fireside for a Korean man that has been called as a mission president. He is going to be mission president in Seattle Washington! Crazy. I hope he can speak English. We went with a recent convert in our ward.
 
Sooooo, I don't have much time but know that I love all of you. I don't think I ate any weird food this week. But you never know!
 
Haha.
 
I miss you all! Keep my in your prayers I need them. I have felt them.  
 
Love,
Elder Renfroe

No comments:

Post a Comment