Monday, December 9, 2013

Vietnamese Ladies

Hello!
 
This was the week of Vietnamse ladies who are married to Korean men. I met 2 of them!
 
The first one spoke Korean. But with a super thick Vietnamese accent. I about died when she talked to me in Korean. DIED!!!! It was so cute. Hahahah. If I could replicate it in an email, you know I would! It was the best! BEST! 최고야!! Anyways. Yeah. Her husband used to meet with missionaries, so he invited us over. Apparently he just hung out with missionaries. So yeah. We'll see what happens with him.
 
The second Vietnamese lady. I played at a wedding. I played piano at a wedding as a missionary. Did I tell you about this already? What the heck. The bride was Vietnamese. It was the biggest waste of time. It was all the way in a city called Taebaek. I have told you a little about it already. It is the smallest little city in our mission nestled in the mountains of Korea. This wedding was crazy. No dress rehearsal. I had three songs to play. The Wedding March, the Bridal Chorus, and one other just little pretty piece - Bach Prelude in C. Anyways. We just came to the conclusion that they would cue me when to play. 3 songs. 3 cues. Sounds simple.
 
BUT THEY CUED ME FOUR TIMES! What was I supposed to do but just play?? I don't know. I may have started playing the wedding march in the middle of the ceremony. But it was their fault! Haha. But it doesn't matter. Apparently they actually got married in Vietnam a year ago and this was just a Korean service. And she is pregnant already. Yay! Haha. I thought I ruined it. But it's their fault!
 
Anyways. I am over it.
 
I went to a terrible public bathhouse. Have I told you about these yet? Korean culture. I have been a couple of times. Basically you just get naked and shower and stuff with a bunch of Korean dudes who stare at you. And you sit in pools of varying temperatures. And Koreans literally care 0% about being naked. Literally. But I went to one in the little town of Taebaek. It was scary. Hahaha. But I have moved on to bigger and better things.
 
Things are going well. We have 2 investigators that will probably be baptized, but they are moving back to Seoul in a few weeks. So, it won't be us that do it. But that is fine. Haha. They are college students. I'll let you know if they get baptized, of course! Haha.
 
The Atonement is real. It really can change us. It just takes some time sometimes. As we rely on Him, we can become better. Through pain, and sorrow, and whatever else. It is slow mostly. But it comes. The help comes. 
 
This spiritual message is short. But I know it is true. 
 
I love you all!
 
Pray for me. I pray for you in korean! Haha.
 
Love, 
렌프로 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment